Mon – Sun 09:00 – 18:00 hrs.
Hurry, only a few left:
Inform when this item available:
Vendor: Jade Maya
The current coat of arms of Guatemala consists of multiple symbols representing liberty and sovereignty on a bleu celeste shield. The elements of the coat of arms have the following symbolism:
- The Quetzal is the national bird of Guatemala, and represents freedom and independence of the nation.
- The crossed rifles are the type used during the 1871 Liberal Revolution, and represent the will to defend Guatemala's interests.
- The crossed swords represent justice and honor.
- The laurel wreath represents victory.
- The parchment at the center reads "Liberty 15 of September of 1821", the date Guatemala gained independence from Spain.
Copyright © 2021 Jade Maya.